We’re searching for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to help guide our creative team by bringing a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to help promote our clients. We are looking for an experienced senior graphic designer, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience. This hire thrives in a collaborative environment and is excited to work cross-functionally with the creative and marketing teams, as well as our clients.
Location: Lower East Side (NYC)
Start Date: Immediate
At SGS Agency, we have a simple goal: help disruptive brands to grow online.
We are a performance marketing agency that specializes in driving awareness, growth, and customer retention in today’s increasingly complex, cluttered world. We pride ourselves in our in-house start-up histories where we’ve driven awareness, revenue, and conversion for some of the world’s fastest growing consumer-facing businesses including Casper, BarkBox, and Try the World. Our clients are typically venture backed start-ups selling products we are passionate about. Since our start in 2016, we’ve enjoyed 10% month-over-month growth due to our hard work and dedication.
Reports to: Creative Director
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee execution of creative team projects as identified by the Creative Director including static social media ads, motion graphics, short video ads, email campaigns, photography, photo editing, presentations, etc.
- Maintain regular communication and provide status updates to the Creative Director.
- Ensure all deliverables have are creatively consistent to the brands we work with.
- Establish and maintain creative team standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service.
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations.
- Collaborate with marketing team in creating marketing plans, aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget.
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement.
- Analyze market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape, and track campaign performance.
- Work with the entire creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for our clients, helming a creative audit to elevate our innovation.
- Conceptualize campaign vision, harnessing graphics, copy, content websites, social media, and other marketing materials.
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the creative team.
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and oversee storyboards.
- Obtain team approval by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations, encouraging members to provide feedback, and responding to internal commentary and requests.
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use.
- Degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communication or related area
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant field and roles
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete tasks in a fast-paced and fluid work environment
- Fluency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Have a solid understanding of photography, video production and websites
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 401k retirement
- Generous vacation days
- Transportation reimbursement
- Weekly happy hours with beer on tap
- Quarterly company events
- A great team and office in the Lower East Side!
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
SGS Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
No recruiters please!