We are seeking a bright, creative, and hardworking copywriting intern to join our awesome team and create amazing messaging for the disruptive brands that we help to grow in the digital space. The copywriting intern will report directly to our senior copywriter, as well as work closely and collaboratively with our creative team and marketing managers.
Location: Lower East Side (NYC)
Hours: Part-Time or Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
$1,000 monthly stipend for part-time interns
$2,000 stipend for full-time interns
$2,400 stipend for full-time post-grad interns
SGS is a performance marketing agency that specializes in driving awareness, growth, and customer retention in today’s increasingly complex, cluttered world.
We’re not your typical media agency. In fact, we pride ourselves in our in-house startup histories where we’ve driven awareness, revenue, and conversion for some of the world’s fastest-growing consumer-facing businesses including Casper, BarkBox, and Try the World. Our clients are typically venture-backed DTC startups. We have grown by 10% month-over-month since we started.
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Help develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with the brand of our clients
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Create relevant campaign copy, or check all copy that is generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Self-edit copy, paying close attention to spelling, grammar, accuracy, and brand voice
- Manage multiple projects and clients, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate from a program relating to Advertising, Communication, English, Journalism, or Writing
- Previous copywriting internship preferred, but not required
- A portfolio of copywriting samples, ideally digitally-focused (i.e., emails, paid social ads, websites)
- Interest in working with startups and creative campaigns in an agency environment
- A strong grasp of spelling and grammar. Clear, concise writing is your M.O.
- A solid track record of working within predefined workflows and timelines. Previous experience with project management platforms (Wrike, Trello, etc.) is a plus.
- Proficiency in G Suite
- Communication skills that leave no room for questions or angst
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Monthly Stipend
- Excellent growth path with potential to join as a full-time employee
- Weekly happy hours with beer on tap
- Quarterly team events
- A great team and office in the Lower East Side!
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a brief cover letter. Applications without a copywriting portfolio will not be considered.
SGS Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
No recruiters please!